We Got This

Taking me a lot longer this year to decorate, it's finally done.  Saving the LR tree for last, I really took my time and thought about what was going where.  By the time I was done though, I was physically and mentally pooped.  

The outside of the house was much easier because there was no snow or ice to contend with.  The swags beneath the windows were just put up this week and thank goodness that didn't take long because it was bitter COMy favorite "s" word may be coming this week in the form of a Nor'easter so for now outside photos are on hold.

This year, I focused on gifts received over the years to remind me of all the love and caring in my life.

In fact, I'm still looking for one special gift we received my my SIL and BIL many years ago.  Neither of us have any idea where we put it after celebrating last Christmas!  (Don't worry S & R...I'll find it!!)



The snowmen on my antique trestle desk (a gift) were made by my granddaughter and myself.  What a riot!!  We stuffed socks with dry white rice then glued on felt buttons and added small bow ties!  Her snowman has the gold bow and stands in the middle, of course.

Unfortunately the wall sconces were on when I took the photo in the DR and I didn't realize how they'd appear in the photo....oopsie...sorry! 

So many gifts from the family and friends over the years,  once tucked away, now displayed bringing back all the memories making this a warm and cozy Christmas.  


seeing, saying, and sharing...

We Got This

with you and



Comments

Popular Posts