Lost...One Granddaughter...A Story

Walking in the GR to open the blinds, I noticed that one of the Christmas ornaments was on the floor.  Leaning down to pick it up, I cringed.  The red ribbon threaded through it was half missing...eaten by Katniss, I guessed. (I found it THANK GOODNESS the next day in her litter box.)

(just an aside here:  "Each year hundreds of animals are injured at Christmastime.  Eating tinsel or cords can kill a cat.  Fake snow, mistletoe, holly and poinsettias are ALL TOXIC to cats in some degree...sometimes deadly".  Believe it or not they now make edible ornaments for your pets.)   Now back to the story.

I immediately began to look for the other two ornaments as the three held photos of my oldest granddaughters when they were young.  Putting my middle granddaughter (the one on the floor) up on the pie safe, I began looking for the other two, one older and one younger.  I found the youngest one intact and immediately put it with her sister.  

However, I could not find my oldest granddaughter...anywhere.  Three days passed and continuing to ask the Press if he'd seen her, he thought I was going nutty!  On day four, I noticed that another ornament was on the floor.  This time I had to reach under the tree.  Lying down on the floor, I reached under and picked up the Christmas ball.  It was when I was getting up off the floor that I spotted something in Katniss' cat cave.

Yes, there she was...my oldest granddaughter in the entrance of Kat's cave!

Now the girls hang on my lamp because there's no way I want to misplace any of them!


seeing, saying, sharing...

Lost...One Granddaughter...A Story

with you and 

Natures Notes 2

Comments

Popular Posts