The Old Wise Birds

 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Earlier this week the Pres went to my son's (Western CT) to drop off their goodies (pumpkin pie, zucchini bread, blueberry teacake, energy balls, oatmeal raisin cookies, midnight espresso crinkles, and chocolate chip cookies).  The day after, heading East another trip was made in the opposite direction (RI) with the same goodies.  It was truly a team effort.  I baked and the Pres drove.  Thankful that I got to "see" them (mask and all) and hear the gratitude in the voices, when they said, "Mom, I love you," the road trip was much better riding the Pres' new truck.

And yes, today is truly an eye opening experience.  It is the first time since they were born....that we will not be together for Thanksgiving.  Although it is quite unsettling, I am thankful for what I have, what they have and what we all will have next year...each other.

The Pres and I are celebrating this year at home without any of the kids.  We'd would rather look forward to next year's family time rather than put anyone at risk now that all "this fungus is among us."

 seeing, saying, and sharing...

The Old Wise Birds

with you and those at

Thankful Thursday

Brian's Thankful Thursday

Comments

Popular Posts