Simply Old Resources


ME:  "Hon, what's the difference between fog and mist.  When I go to the river in the morning, is that fog or mist?"

HIM:  "Why, what does it matter?"

ME:  "I want to be sure I'm saying the right thing when I refer to it."

HIM:  "They're the same thing so say what you want."

With that I walked away and grabbed my itty bitty, teeny weeny dictionary as some old resources are more helpful than others.

 I found this:

"Mist-water vapor; light fog"

Then on Google, I found..."The difference between mist and fog is visibility.  It is called fog when visibility is 1km or less and called mist when visibility remains above 1km."

BTW, a km is 1093 yds (or 3280ft).

One more thing.  I'm infatuated with fog and mist.


seeing, saying, and sharing...

Simply Old Resources

with you and those at

Natures Notes 2



Comments

Popular Posts