Queen's Day

Opening the window in my bedroom long before daybreak gives Katniss the perfect spot.  She can now be found sitting on the window sill and literally has "moved in to my room."

Although I'm allergic to cat dander, I've decided she's worth it. Although Katniss is not allowed to sleep with me, when she bangs on my bedroom door around 4:30 am, I cave and let her in.

Regardless of what the temperature is outside, I open the window and she begins her creature watching....moles, birds, chipmunks, frogs, and bugs.

A few weeks ago, she decided that she was once again going to be donated by refusing to get out on the bag on my bed.  

Turning two in October, she has totally taken over and become "queen."  I guess I could almost say she runs the joint. Nothing and I mean NOTHING is brought into this house unless it is inspected and scented by Katniss.

She has HUGE PAWS on all four legs...22 toes in all that need trimming, done by yours truly, using her personal grooming tools of course. 

My reason for celebrating today as Queen's Day is it was two years ago today, while I was making pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving that she scampered across the stonewall.  I burned a pie while trying to catch her, ran to Walmart, leaving the pies in the oven unattended, only to return $53 later with kitten pate, a litter box, liter and a kitty carrier.  The Pres wanted me to bring this little feral to the ACO.  I told him, "Go to your meeting.  I'm keeping her."  Putting her in my small office, the next morning as I sat in my chair sipping on my coffee, she climbed up my legs and settled into my lap.  She's been there ever since...there and in my heart.



seeing, saying, and sharing...

Queen's Day
with 












Comments

Popular Posts