My Replacement

In 2013, we had to have a 97' White Pine taken down from the front yard.  Unfortunately it was infested with some type of borer and would only get worse with time.  When it was removed, I told the Pres I wanted to plant a replacement but he never bought into the idea, telling me "We have enough trees around here."

Well, two years later I noticed that  there was an itty bitty tree emerging from the ground near the remaining stump and no, I did not plant it!   Mother Nature must have felt my sadness and gave me a replacement.  When I pointed it out to the Pres, he said, "Yeah, I saw it.  Look like you're getting your tree back."

The little guy is now about 7', as height runs in the family.  Eastern White Pines grow rate is between 2'-3' a year.  By the way, the stump in the background (which is about 5' in diameter) is what remains of the original.

Yes, today I am thankful for everything and everyone around me...every living thing that has come and gone over my life.

seeing, saying, and sharing...

My Replacement

with you and those at




Comments

Popular Posts