Company for Dinner?

ME:  "Hon, I really don't think we should get together with the kids for the holidays.  What do you think?"

THE PRES:  "Well, lets wait and see.  Thanksgiving is a month away and Christmas is two months, so lets just wait."


Backing up to last Sunday morning, I was on the phone with my daughter when the Pres' cell rang as he was cooking bacon.  Hearing him say, "Oh, alright.  Well, take care" the conversation was done within minutes.  (The Pres does not like to be on the phone, nor does he ask questions, as I do.)  

Hanging up from my daughter immediately when he looked over at me and said, "She (his daughter) tested positive for COVID."  The Pres had no answers for any of the many questions I had so I went directly to the source.

Now nearly every day I either call or text her.  As of today (10/24), inhaling deeply is "uncomfortable," although her symptoms had been mild.  Starting with a scratchy throat on the 13th, she lost her sense of smell and taste on day 5, and has had no fever.   She was not tested until Saturday 10/17 because a fellow waitress called her, had tested positive and it was believed that they both contracted it from a "regular" (an 83 yr old man "who comes in al the time") AND a fellow employee who does the karaoke at the restaurant.  They all worked together on 10/11.

I do not know if whoever she was around was notified and tested nor do I know where she's been or with whom for the 6 days prior to testing.  What I do know is, her husband and the girls are okay so far, and she has been self isolating since she tested positive.  The entire family is quarantining for two weeks.

So, as it stands now...NO COMPANY...not here...not with the "older" people with the exception of maybe a turkey or two.


seeing, saying, and sharing...

Company for Dinner?

with you and

Saturday Critters


Comments

Popular Posts