Turning Back


Feeling great today because WE FINALLY ARE GETTING RAIN!   The air, although warm and very humid, feels like it's being cleaned as the raindrops accumulate around the yard.  Indoor work is on my plate for today and since I did so much this morning, I thought I'd stop and show you how my late blooming Clematis is coming along.  

What I really want to tell you is this...just how scary the ocean is from a narrow orange, bobbing kayak!!  

Yep, I finally paddled a CT marina that led to a vast ocean (the Atlantic).  Did I paddle far?  Hell NO!!

In fact, as we (BFF & I) approached the arched bridge West of the marina that would lead us to open water, the conversation went something like this:

ME: "Hey, I'm beginning to feel a little anxious about going out there.  Are you?  Yep, I think I may have an anxiety attack."

BFF: "No, I'm fine."

ME:  "Do YOU know the creatures that live beneath that surface out there?!?!  Who's to say a creature wouldn't jump or bump into us, and tip us over?  Here's the plan.  Once we go through the bridge, you turn to the right and I'll turn to the left and then we'll head back." 



seeing, saying, and sharing...

Turning Back
(aka Friends Don't Ask Questions)

with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts