Well Deserved Thumbs Up

Although I haven't talked about it, I have adapted well to my new mower, Lucy June.  In fact, the Pres, who rarely gives out compliments, actually gave me the thumbs up as I was finishing up the "golf course" cut this past week as he leaned against the fence with his beer in hand.  Cutting the lawn every 4 days along with everything else keeps me busy and I love riding that thing.  I tell you, I could make some serious cash if I had a trailer!! 

Sure, I've had a few minor scrapes with it...like hitting the Pres' trailer with the rear tire and breaking a taillight...and then I backed into one of our gates another time.  As I told the Pres, "I forget just how big my rear end is."

Through it all though, the bottom line is this...he doesn't have to cut the grass.  The heat and humidity bother him something fierce, which is yet another reason I wanted to get a mower I could use.

In addition to housework and yard , work and Osprey nest monitoring, last week I volunteered to follow up on a few "unreported Osprey nests for 2020."  Selecting seven that were not too far from us, and finding several active with chicks about to fledge, this nest was one of THE BEST NEST of all the nests I've ever seen.   I just had to show you.


Osprey (and Eagles for that matter) like many other birds, like to collect things.  Here you have a typical Osprey nest, built on the power lines, adorned with a black plastic bag, a nice sized piece of rubber tubing and some sort of rod affixed to the backside.

I am still chuckling...:)

seeing, saying, and sharing...

Thumbs Up

with you and




Comments

Popular Posts