Surprise Visitor

As  I told you in a previous post, the Eagles' nest I was monitoring failed.  However, since the property belongs to a friend of mine, I still drop by just to see what's going on.  The adults are still hanging out there although not a frequently so when I walked in one day and spotted something sitting to the left of the nest, I had to investigate.

Hoping that the bird would not fly away until I got down to my "sit spot" closer to the water, I kept my eyes on it while making my way over the fallen limbs and protruding rocks.  And to make it more challenging, since the nest had failed, I did not have my camera or tripod with me, let alone my folding seat!  

Anyway, placing my trusty bean bag on a good sized boulder as a cushion for the scope, I knelt down.  The photos are not "camera quality" but hopefully you can somewhat see what a 4th year immature looks like.  This bird hatched out in 2017 (so 2017 counts as year one).  Now what Is also interesting are two well known facts about Eagles:  they never forget where they were born; they frequently return "home".  

One more note to add to the mix...this nest fledged one in 2017. Hmmmmm....I wonder????










seeing, saying, and sharing...

Surprise Visitor

with you and 



Comments

Popular Posts