Daylight

For the past several weeks I have been walking trails regularly in preparation for a few upcoming events.  Some days it was cold and blustery.  Some days it was chilly and damp.  Yet some days although cold were bright and sunny as you can tell by the pic below.  Taken shortly after sunrise, the daylight not only put my surroundings into perspective, but also calmed me...because...



Arriving at the Fish Hatchery long before daybreak, I was very surprised to find the gate closed.  However, a closed gate has never stopped me before so why would it on that cold and windy Sunday morning?  In fact, I thought that privacy would give me even more of an opportunity to explore the grounds and all the trails that would be welcoming nearly sixty people in a few weeks.  Of course, my intentions were to familiarize myself with the layout to ensure I would serve as a good guide on an Eagle walk.

Parking the car on the roadside near the gate, I decided immediately that I would only take in the binoculars, and my camera since the trails were quite a distance from the main entrance gate.  About 40 yards away from my car, I heard the first bone chilling scream causing me to stop dead in my tracks and hesitate as to whether or not I should continue.  

I heard that Fisher Cat scream repeatedly until I was heading up the rise toward the hatchery.  It was blood curdling cry sending chills down my spine each time I heard it but the daylight saved the day.




Yes, I walked for two hours.  Yes, I spotted an immature Eagles.  Yes, the gate was unlocked by the time I got back to my car and yes, I would do it all over again...:) and would be just as thankful!

seeing, saying, and sharing...

Daylight 

with you and those at



Are Fisher Cats dangerous?
In these areas, fishers are known to occasionally prey on domestic cats, rabbits and poultry. Fishers are not dangerous to humans. They are small, solitary and rather elusive animals, typically avoiding people and developed areas. As with any wild animal, people should avoid handling a sick, wounded or cornered fisher
Image result for fisher cat

Comments

Popular Posts