The No Brainer

Walking into the gym Monday, I was feeling a little anxious.  I hadn't been there in a week and wondered what everyone's reaction would be.  Walking up to a few of the gals I chat with, I removed my glasses and said, "Girls, I'm only going to tell the story once so take a good look at my face.  Now you get to chose what happened:

A.  I slipped and fell and split my head open;
B.  I was Frankenstein's Sister for Halloween and can't get the make-up off; or
C.  I had a spot removed from my face."

Watching their reactions and listening to them gasp, I waited patiently before pointing to the first gym buddy for her answer.  She said, "A.  Are you okay?  What happened?"

Buddy #2 agreed as did buddy #3.  Looking perplexed, buddy #4 just shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

I said, "Wrong.  C.  I had a spot the size of a poppy seed removed from my face.  It was a basil cell carcinoma that had been there for at least 16 years.  The roots, thank GOD traveled ONLY laterally which is why the incision is 1 3/4".

Tomorrow I return to the Dermatologist to have a second spot removed.  This time it's on my forehead and I was told by the nurse last week, after the doctor stitched me up, "JP, we want you to avoid bending, and over exertion for a few days.  Also, don't be surprised if you get a black eye from this one since it was so close to your eye.  And next week, when we do your forehead, remember foreheads bruise easily so expect much more bruising."

just seeing, saying, and sharing...

The No Brainer

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts