The Float...A Story

Fast forward from early Fall to this week and you'll soon discover that I was asked to join the "Float Committee" for the annual holiday parade.  Taking place on December 1st, the parade is held in Putnam, CT and hosts tons of floats, one of which will be ours.  

In preparation for our first committee meeting, I had re-painted the wooden carving of my Bald Eagle...in fact, the second coat of waterproof stain hadn't yet dried when I placed it in the only cardboard box we had on hand...and off I we went.  

Anxious to get away from the smell of stain, I couldn't wait to get some fresh air as I walked across the parking lot to the office entrance.  Seeing "Boss" immediately, I could tell by the look on his face that he was receptive to my idea of adding the statue to our float.  Removing it from the box and placing it on the table, we waited patiently for the others to arrive.

At the meeting it was decided that I would also be part of "building the float" the day before the parade.  Hmmmmm...taking place this weekend, this will definitely be a new adventure! 


seeing, saying, and sharing...

The Float...A Story

with you and those at



Comments

Popular Posts