Situational Awareness

As I lay curled up on the couch with my blanket and Katniss, the doorbell rang.  Asking the Pres to get the door followed by , "I wonder who it is at this hour?", I was very surprised to say the least. There, standing in the dark was a young State Police Officer.  Immediately introducing himself and apologizing for disrupting us, he then asked,  "Are you folks missing anything from your property?"

Sitting upright, I could tell that he was surprised at the sight of my face sporting the two good sized white gauze bandages, and began listening attentively.  Meanwhile, the Pres answered, saying "No, not that I know of.  Hon, have you noticed anything missing?  We only have a few pieces of yard furniture left outside.  Everything else is put away in the garage."


Well, apparently, one of our neighbors was broken into...not their house...their storage building!  The padlock was cut off and any tools of value, along with his $24k tractor, were stolen!!  So the conversation continued with the officer suggesting strongly that we alarm the Pres' detached garage if it isn't already.


Fast forward to early Tuesday morning and this is very odd to me, although the Pres didn't seem concerned.  Let me know what you think.

This morning, when I went down our gravel road, I immediately noticed a man in a pick-up truck parked against traffic on the opposite side of the road.  Just before I pulled out of the gravel road, he got out of his truck and immediately walked over to pick up a piece of trash on the side of the road.  Then, gazing in the direction of another piece of trash, he crossed the road, bent down and picked it up, now holding two pieces of trash.  Meanwhile I was out of sight and on my way to the river for an early morning "watch."  

When I came home, there was trash on both sides of the road which says to me that he wasn't there picking up trash.  He was there for another reason.

seeing, saying, and sharing...

Situational Analysis

with you and those at



Comments

Popular Posts