Katniss

Yes, Katniss and I have been a team one full year.  A year ago yesterday, as I baked pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, I saw her running back and forth across my stonewall and deck.  Her tiny white paws made her so visible against the lightly frosted surfaces and while on the phone with my daughter, we agreed that I had to catch the feral kitten. I remember thinking I have to catch her.  She'll either freeze to death or be eaten.

Trapping her in the soft-sided, blue kitty carrier that I bought at Walmart along with the litter box, liter, and kitten pate, she screamed and hissed bloody murder once trapped.  It was hard to believe that something so tiny (2.1 lbs at her first Vet visit on Day 3) could be so fierce.  Starving and riddled with worms and bacteria for months, I doubt she would have survived.  After all, she was the only one in the litter of five born in an abandoned rabbit hole located in my neighbors raspberry patch that made it.

seeing, saying, and sharing...

Katniss

with you and those at




Comments

Popular Posts