Starting Over

Attending the first class of the Beginner Photography Class last week was "eye opening."  First I have to say that there's a lot to know about operating a camera and taking photos when you are NOT in "Auto" mode!!

The next thing I'll tell you is that I'm in trouble already.  Some of my fellow classmates are presently in jobs where photography is a must and already understand the meaning of aperture mode versus Shutter Speed mode and things like determining focal distance, knowing the difference between "blur" and "out of focus", depth of field, etc.  My mind is still spinning and although I'm looking forward to the next class, I'm determined to try!!

The day after class, I went out in the yard and set up the tripod to practice "panning" while watching the birds at the feeder.  As I sat moving the camera, trying to keep up with the motion of the erratic flight pattern of various birds, a bunch of Nuthatches came in.  And since I LOVE Nuthatches, I forgot about all the things our instructor mentioned (for the most part) and just enjoyed the birds.






However, I had heard the words of the instructor saying to use "Shutter" Mode and look...I got a bird in flight WITH WINGS!!! 



just seeing, saying, and sharing...
Starting Over
with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts