Limited Talents

Unfortunately, unlike many of you bloggers (Ann, I am talking to YOU), I am not talented when it comes to crafts.  My sister got all that talent and I "got nothin'."  Oh sure, I can decorate my house or decorate for the holidays but as far as being "crafty," I'm beyond limited.  While I can mow a lawn, weed whack for hours, climb ladders to clean gutters, run a 50" snowblower, lift, carry and pull with the best of them, I am "limited".

For instance, asking "Boss" if we could add my Eagle carving to our float in the annual parade this year, I wasn't surprised by his resounding response.  "Yes, that's a great idea.  We'll anchor it to the front of the canoe somehow."  

And now, because I opened my big mouth, I not only am on the "float committee" but I have been sitting here PAINTING A BALD EAGLE!!


 It had become rather weather beaten.  So after a trip to the hardware store and buying some sample size jars of paint, I went to work.  For it's body, we have some stain which I think will cover some of the sun damage nicely.  

After it is used in our parade, I'll put it back out in the yard.

Unfortunately I'll have to find a new place for it since the pileated woodpecker has just about destroyed the old tree stump which is apparently riddled with ants.  Since it is/was a good source of protein packed insects, it became the favored spot of the very shy, yet very boisterous Pileated Woodpecker.

Almost regularly each morning, it's shriek has become all too familiar as it sits on the edge of the woods waiting to make it's appearance.  Did you know that the Pileated Woodpecker is not only a sedentary inhabitant but also an insectivorous native to North America, the Great Lakes and the forests of Canada as well as the Pacific Coast?


just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Limited Talents

with you and those at

Natures Notes

Image result for pileated woodpecker

Comments

Popular Posts