A Treasure To Behold...A Story

As most of you know, the "stories" I tell you are true, although in many cases names are withheld to protect the innocent.  However, with today's story, there will be no withholding of names as the subject was found guilty.  In fact, she practically admitted it!

For as long as I can remember I have used a certain container to hold my "night time meds" which consist of an allergy pill, an aspirin and a calcium chew.  Bottom line is I've been using it since "1802" when I began taking  my 10 mg allergy medication, which was long before I met the Pres.

Last week when I came home from Tai Chi, I took my pills as usual and popped the chocolate flavored calcium chew in my mouth.  Grabbing the now empty container from the banister and heading down the stairs, I put it on my dresser as usual and headed for the bathroom to wash up, brush my teeth and put on my oh-so-soft jammies.

Friday morning, when I took my AM vitamins, I noticed the container was not on the dresser.  Taking a spare plastic pill holder out of the drawer, I put my "meds" in it, thinking, I thought I put it on the dresser like I always do....oh well, I'll look for it when I get home from the gym. 

Excuse the mess...:)
Needless to say, I couldn't find the darn thing and I looked EVERYWHERE!  Now the self-doubt kicked in and I thought maybe I put it down when I put something away.  I went through all my pockets, the outfit I wore to Tai Chi, my gym bag, and even checked all surfaces on all the furniture thinking that I may have placed it down and not picked it back up.  The Pres told me that this how Alzheimers begins which was not at all comforting.  Anyway I knew it would turn up somewhere so I went on with the cleaning.  Asking the Pres  if my vacuuming the downstairs would disturb his program, I decided to simply forget about it and I would come across it sooner or later.




Ahhhha!  Shortly after I began vacuuming, the wand hit something.  Getting on my hands and knees to clean under the padded chair-like rocker that my DIL gave me, there it was tucked neatly under her Grandmother's rocker along with several other of  Katniss' toys! 

Yes, I have come to grips with the fact that there is a thief among us.  Pulling out all the toys, after I put the vacuum away, I called Katniss into the room.  Holding up the box so she could sniff it, I said, "This is Mommy's.  You cannot have this."  Pointing to her things, I said, " These other are yours."  Lying still while I then moved my pill box toward me, she then got up and with those mitten front paws gently inched the old box toward her pile once again.  Apparently she doesn't understand what boundaries are.

So, this is what I think.  She had to come in my room that night, knocked it off the dresser and decided that it was her new treasure.


just seeing, saying, and sharing...

A Treasure To Behold

with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts