Try, Try Again

This time, I was determined to get a few shots of my resident Ruby Throated hummingbirds.  Setting the camera on my tripod using a "quick release" (I now know what that is and how to use it so please be impressed because I am...LOL!), I aimed it at the feeder, tightened the ball head and began my wait.

  Just an aside here.  Telling a photographer friend (a REAL photographer) who goes to the same gym as I do about my new camera and tripod, as well as my faux pas, he suggested that I get a couple of quick release plates and explained why.  I purchased two but it took me FOREVER to figure out how easy they are to work...guess that's why they're called "quick release"...LOL).  Between the help that Stewart gave me and Norm's input, I am hoping that I can become more proficient at using my new equipment and help prepare me for next year's Eagle season.  And just one more thing...Eagles beat their wings a lot slower so they have been an easy target all these years.  Anyway...

I am actually pretty pleased with this pix.  At least, this bird has outstretched wings!


This is the shot that cracks me up.  The little guy looks as if he's a mutant, doesn't he?



And this one is almost as comical. It reminds me of a dirigible airship (with wings...blurry, but winged none the less).





just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Try, Try Again

with you and those at




Comments

Popular Posts