My Summer Fling

Like many others, it seems that I loose weight once Spring and Summer arrive.  Of course, the reasons are simple.  I rarely bake in the warmer months (unless I have too) which means the carb collection in my freezer is pretty low.  Although checking it earlier today, I did notice a strawberry rhubarb pie and one loaf of zucchini bread that I'm sure the Pres will want if I tell him they are in there.  So, between eating less junk food resulting in fewer carbs and the fact that I am also more active because kayaking and a few hikes get thrown into the mix along with my regular gym and Tai Chi, the Winter weight melts off. 

Meanwhile, it's been so hot and humid that those heavy desserts just aren't "calling my name."  However, a few weeks ago, I was craving something sweet and decided to continue my "Summer fling" ever since I discovered it.  A delicious and satisfying dessert for these hot, humid Summer evenings, it quenches my sweet tooth, yet isn't high in calories.  Yes, it has sugar but what I've been doing is eating only half of the container resulting in 7 g sugar.  I will admit though that one night I devoured the whole thing!!



just seeing, saying, and sharing...

My Summer Fling

with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts