Go Natural...It Works








Thanks to the wet Spring and hot dry Summer, the native plants in our yard are doing outstanding this year, giving the pollinators plenty to feast on.  Learning about native plants years ago and that they require less watering helping to prevent erosion, no fertilizing, and no pesticides as well as them benefiting the native birds and insects, I was hooked.  Besides that, letting them self seed is a lot less work for me (although I will admit I did take several Echinacea seed heads and scatter them last year to get new plants started in another area of my garden.)














The patch of Monarda located down near the perimeter of the yard has quadrupled in size, attracting the hummingbirds and butterflies.  Again, self seeding and making room for it is all it took.  Directly across form that patch is the huge mound of wild and very prickly raspberries, which I enjoy if I get to them before the fruit loving birds do!







As for my dragonflies and damselflies, they are right at home because the lower frontage of our property is deemed "wetlands" and very well treed, the hillside (where our house is) is in full sun although surround by woods on three sides.

All in all...sure we have moles; sure, we had Japanese beetles; sure, we have weeds...however, the good far outweighs the bad!!


just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Go Natural...It Works

with you and those at




Comments

Popular Posts