Caged "Kat"

Struggling to stay awake, Katniss stretched her front paws one more time before her eyes closed.  Just as I raised the phone to take a pic, she stretched her hind legs, then she stretched her hind legs and spread each of those five toes before her head, once again, settled in the corner of the crate.  All was quite until a house fly showed up.  Each time the fly landed on the cage, she stood up, chattering her teeth (which I've been told is a sign of excitement in a cat) and chased it away. Finally it flew off and she went back to her favorite corner, lowering her head slowly.

I know.  How could I put her in a cage?  But, she has so much more room and it is so much more stable that I just had to give it a try.  After getting her used to her small screen house, one day I asked the Pres to get the large dog crate we had up in the attic of the garage. She transitioned wonderfully. 

It stays out on the deck all the time and although the Pres doesn't know it yet, I'm going to ask him if I can grab the four wheeled platform from his garage, making it very easy to move.



just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Caged "Kat"

with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts