I Got Rocks





When our house was built, I'd asked to have the slope front of the house layered.  Using the rocks (for which CT is known) that seem to grow like potatoes, two levels were built.  Topped off with good old farm soil which was once here many, many years ago, it has proved to be a good decision.

Now that our weather has become more Spring like, like everyone, I've been spending most of my time outdoors.  I've realized though that I have a thing for rocks.

Apparently it wasn't enough for me to have rocks in the front of our house because I also requested that a retaining wall be constructed where the original stonewall was when it was farmland. 





Of course, the "piece de resistance" was when I wanted to build one more stonewall along the property line at the top of the driveway.  (My logic for that one was it would be a great hiding place for the little critters.  Don't laugh, they need a place to hide from the bobcats, fox, hawks and owls!!)  Our good friend ran the borrowed bobcat to help maneuver the larger boulders into place.  The rest they did by hand.  So today, I'm...

just seeing, saying, and sharing...

I Got Rocks

with you and those at




Comments

Popular Posts