Red

I've always been fond of red.  Although all Winter my color seems to have been drab olive, brown and black, the onset of Spring seems to bring out some life in me as I anxiously await new growth emerging from the partially frozen earth.

The other afternoon I went to get a pedi.  It's been months since I pampered myself and I decided if any part of me needed pampering, it was my tootsies.  
Asking the owner to help me pick a color, he quickly grabbed a bottle from the shelf of what seems like thousands and told me to have a seat.  Feeling that warm, swirling water on my feet that have been wearing wool tick socks and boots or sneaker socks and sneakers for months, was beyond relaxing.  As Mr "M" and I chatted and caught up on "stuff," iwe never talked about the color he'd picked.  Yet, it was when he began applying the color that I said, "Red...really?"


just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Red

with you and those at



P.S.  I LOVE it.

Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love. Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure.

Comments

Popular Posts