Get Moving...Keep Moving

Calling them "gigs" rather than "events" sounds much more fun, doesn't it?  That's what I tell everyone I interact with anyway.  Well, this past weekend, I had the opportunity to volunteer for another "gig."  

While setting up the display and brochures is the easy part, chatting with folks about the things I love is the fun part.  Anything outdoors...hiking, biking, walking, strolling, paddling, shopping, stopping at local wineries, alpaca, bison, and dairy farms...it's all good fun and gets people moving. 

Before the doors officially opened, this young man came through.  Seeing him clutching his new pet and after melting like everyone else, I asked if I could take his photo.  Unfortunately, I don't know his name or his handsome, young rabbit's name.

Of all the people I spoke with that day, I believe the most impactful was the first gentleman who stopped at my table.  With his slow moving gait and scruffy appearance, he greeted me with the kindest, gentle smile.  It was when I told him about how I always equated Eagles with our country...a symbol of power, strength and freedom that he told me stories of his father-in-law being in Normandy.  Having the kindest eyes I think I have ever seen, when he left, I felt good.  Gazing into my eyes, his parting words to me were, "When you began your endeavors with these birds, you not only learned about them, you learned about yourself." 



Just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Get Moving...Keep Moving

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts