14-3

This past Friday was day 14...day 14 of Katniss wearing her cone post surgery, that is.  Day 14 was the day we were going to celebrate.  Day 14 was the day the cone was supposed to come off.  However, it didn't quite work out that way though.  Katniss apparently had other plans...plans that I knew nothing about.

On Tuesday, I had gone to check the status of the nesting pair of Eagles and another pair that we strongly believe will be on eggs soon.  The Pres was not home when I walked into the house and shut off the alarm.

Trotting toward me from the DR slider, where she had been sunning herself, was Katniss.  Wearing her cone, she trotted hurriedly to me to give me her normal greeting.  It's been "a thing" (since I captured her) whenever I walk into the house.  She stands on her hind legs and as I lean down toward her, she extends her front paws up to touch my nose.

While all of that may sound totally normal (and adorable) to you, out of my mouth came, "How did you get upstairs?  Did you knock down the barrier or climb it?"  Looking down the staircase, I saw the barrier the Pres had built...the barrier that we have been climbing over.  It was still in tact.  Apparently, Katniss figured out how to scale the barrier too...cone and all even though the surgeon said NO STAIRS WHILE SHE'S WEARING THE CONE.  






Before I took off my coat, I was on the phone with my Vet.  Telling her it was only Day 11 and what I'd found when I got home, my Vet chuckled.  Then she said, "I think Katniss is telling you she's ready to be cone- less.  Remove the cone and keep a close eye on her that she doesn't open the incision."

just seeing, saying, and sharing...

14-3=11

with you and those at 

Shadow Shot Sunday


Comments

Popular Posts