How Dumb Am I?

We have cable...and it's expensive.  However, each month I continue to pay the bill because the Pres refuses to it give up.  After speaking to many people (while still hoping to talk the Pres into relinquishing cable), about 2 months ago I purchased Netflix.  In addition, as an Amazon Prime member, while I fully take advantage of the free shipping offered, I hardly ever watched TV with "fire stick."   Again, I was hopeful that I could convert the Pres. 

The "big screen" TV...the 62" that makes you feel like you'll be trampled by the stampeding horses or cattle during the Western the Pres is engrossed in...is in the living room.  That is known as his TV .    My TV is the smaller (32') and located in my den/office downstairs and is also connected to cable.  Having all the extras, since his TV also had a DVD player.and the DVR, he suggested that I buy a DVD player so I would be able to watch my DVDs downstairs (probably to stop interrupting him).  I bought one.

Knowing that there were only two ports on the back of my TV, I also purchased a "switcher" (a gizmo enabling the use of additional media devices).   So, there I was with all these media devices...the cable box, the DVD player, the Amazon Fire-stick and the switcher...lined up.  they ll had to be connected to my TV.  


If you're at all technical, you know that many peripheral high definition video devices (cable box, DVD, Amazon's Fire-stick) all require HDMI cables for connectivity.  By the way,  in case you didn't know, 'HDMI" stands for high definition multimedia interface..

While that's what it means, in my mind it means HOW DUMB M I because every few minutes while watching cable, my TV switches to Firestick mode with me wanting it to!!



just seeing, saying, and sharing...

How Dumb M I?

with you and those at

Shadow Shot Sunday 2



Comments

Popular Posts