Waging War

They started it.  


However, this year, I'm taking the steps necessary to try to deter them.  This year, I am waging war.






After a trip to the local hardware store, and loading the Subaru, I began to feel a little more prepared as I headed home.  With three rolls of 7' x 100' "Deer Fencing" and my waging war attitude, soon I will begin my plight...fencing my five Azaleas, two Viburnum, the Deutzia, the Rhododendrons, nine Hydrangeas, and even the two Holly bushes.  You see, last Winter they were all eaten by the beautiful, graceful, large-eyed beauties...the deer.  My neighbor told me that deer do not like getting their feet tangled with this type of netting.  I hope it works. 

The few perennials that remain, unscathed as of this writing are the beautiful Dahlias and the very fragrant Marigolds.  The beautiful, graceful, large-eyed beauties mowed down my Hosta, Lillies, and Black-Eyed Susans over the Summer.

  Hoping the deer netting does the trick for the Winter, next Spring I'll use Irish Spring shavings sprinkled around the base of the plants.  That, too, worked for my neighbor.



just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Waging War

with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts