Thick...Just Plain Thick

Several weeks ago, I awoke to find a decent sized puddle of water on the hardwood floor.  It was located in front of the refrigerator.  I cleaned it up and headed to the gym while the Pres slept.  Once home, I told him about it.  While his first response was something like "Hmmmm," as I asked if we needed to be concerned, his response was "Lets see if it happens again."

Fast forward SEVERAL puddles later, the WARPING hardwood kitchen floor, the freezer drawer being harder to pull out, the THICK ICE on the compartment floor as well as ice building up around the entire drawer, he finally decided to look at it.  The fix would be simple, he said.  The gasket was bad.   


Fast forward to several days after the gasket was delivered.  After waiting several days, he finally installed it. Ten days later, 
"Hon, why is there still so much ice everywhere?"

"Give it time to defrost itself."


"Hon, it's been ten days.  Several people told me it might be a clogged compressor drain.  Do you want to take the back off?"


"I did that already and didn't see anything" was his answer.  (I knew there was a problem because this is a man who quite often doesn't notice the Christmas tree has been put up.)

Fast forward through weeks of more BLAH, BLAH, BLAH and all I'll say now is the surgery took a little over 4 hours.

















This past Sunday after performing a virtual four hour lobotomy of the refrigerator, we found the cause.  

Walking him through the dismantling thanks to (Google & YouTube), the problems were found.  The 2" plastic drain was frozen solid and the rubber funnel on the end was clogged.  





Now I'll say this.  The Pres and I had always been able to work well together...and we did for the most part through the entire operation.  

However, when it was time to put all the pieces back...the interior back plate, the ice maker, the light cover, the drawer slides, the drawers, the face, the back panel...I heard, "Let's see, I have 4 long screws there, 3 here, 5 over there, 4 short ones here but I don't remember which ones go where.  Hon, I think I'm missing a screw."  

Leaving him with screw driver in hand, I went outside to water the hanging baskets and "just breathe" thinking sometimes I think you're missing a screw too.




Comments

Popular Posts