The Fifth Day

Day five of our vacation, I was apprehensive about making my morning coffee because of what had happened the first four days.  Oh, that's right, I haven't told you...

The morning after we arrived, as the Pres snored loudly, I tiptoed across the cold ceramic tiled flooring to the counter where the coffee maker was and "hit the button."  Preparing the pot the night before, I thought that this would be the most efficient and quietest way to make my brew.

While the pot gurgled, I put on sun screen, my bathing suit and completed my morning outfit with my shorts and a sleeveless top over it.  As I approached the coffee pot, I saw that the water sitting in the pot resembled pale, washed out urine.  By the light of the bathroom door ajar, I then began to investigate.  Ahhhhhh...all the water was still stuck in the filter basket with the pod of coffee floating in it.  Glad to have at least found the brew, I carefully lifted the full filter basket out and poured my coffee from there, pouring the urine colored water down the drain.  That was DAY 1.

Day 2 wasn't much better, although the Pres had told me the reason was that I didn't have the handle of the basket in the right position.  Positioning the handle the night before, he assured me it would result in a savory cup of brew the following morning.  WRONG.  There I was again pouring coffee from the filter basket.

Day 3 was worse.  That morning, after asking for a different coffee pot, I once again hit the button.  Much to my surprise when I exited the bathroom after dressing and slathering on sunscreen, there before me was dark brown water.  Removing the pot from the burner, and positioning it over my cup, I began to pour only discover that the lid was BROKEN.  It flew off as I pressed down with my thumb, causing the coffee to spill all over the counter and back-splash.  Not good.

Day 4.  This time I would be ready, knowing that the lid was broken.  Yet when I emerged from the bathroom, there was pale, urine sitting in the pot.  The pod sat in the filter basket alone.  I dumped the water and poured fresh water into the machine, hoping to re-use the pod.  The result wasn't the best but it was drinkable.

Day 5.  It worked and I got a cup of coffee.

And now for my early morning walk...







just seeing, saying, and sharing...

The Fifth Day

with you and those at








Comments

Popular Posts