Left Behind

Giving the four of us plenty of time to eat breakfast once through baggage check and security, our flight to Aruba was delayed 40 minutes Easter Sunday.  It almost seemed impossible that it was "that time" of the year.  Last year I had refused to go because the dogs were not well.  The Pres was a tad "cranky" so when it was time to make our reservations for this year, I listened to "it" all over again.

Yet after 30 years, like him, I have learned to not get ruffled and had planned everything, including my wardrobe, pretty carefully.  Everything would fit in my carry on while the Pres bag would be checked because it contained our toiletries, sunscreen, snorkel gear, etc.  Planning even the outfit for the plane by dressing in layers, I knew that I needed to literally go from cold and chilly Boston to Aruba in a matter of hours.  Honestly though,I still didn't feel like I was on vacation until we landed, the remainder of the layers were removed and I inhaled.


A balmy, warm late afternoon sun-filled sky greeted us as we wheeled our luggage to the car rental place.  

Bear in mind, the Pres had bought two bottles of Vodka in the airport before we got to the gate for takeoff because it's "Duty Free" and cost a lot less.  Once we landed and got our bags, he placed the bag on the ground near his suitcase while we waited for the rental to pull up to the curb. 

Laughing and talking the four of us piled into the rental after loading all the luggage.  Somehow, the bag filled with two weeks of liquor didn't get loaded.  The Pres never picked it up when he wheeled his bag toward the rental.    

Needless to say when he had to go to a local liquor store there in Aruba and buy two more bottles, he was not a happy camper.



just seeing, saying, and sharing...


Left Behind

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts