Where's the Water?

Hearing the weather forecast for a Wednesday a few weeks ago, I immediately decided that it would be a GREAT day to go to the beach.  Although the Pres was not interested in going, I knew I was.  I knew I could always make-up a Wednesday workout.  However, how many chances would there be to have 60 degree temps and be able to head to the beach in February?

So the following morning I did just that.

When I left home it was overcast.  Yet, as I got closer to my destination, the fog became more intense and I thought, "Well, I've come this far, I might as well see what the beach is like in the fog."


After parking on the rather empty roadside and walking toward the beach, I could hear the water but couldn't see it.  From the dunes, the fog obscured nearly everything in the distance.  Focusing on things along the paths and trails, I came across this little squirt who was willing to pose for a close-up.   



The trails and paths were not too bad as you can see, but when I walked to the beach toward the sound of the ocean, the fog was very thick.  Quite honestly, I found it intriguing, eerie, and beautiful.  I knew the water was there...somewhere.








As mid-day approached, the sun tried so hard so hard to make it's way through the dense gray blanket that covered everything.  Watching it struggle, I hoped that it would.  Yet, apparently it never made it.  According to the local weathermen that evening, towns along the CT shoreline were smothered in dense fog all day.



 

In case you're wondering what this piece of wood represents, I will simply say this...
I found it, maneuvered to a great location (which then became my "sit spot").  I used it for my most enjoyable, quiet and very interesting day at the beach.







And this little bird is the ONLY bird I saw during my entire stay.


just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Where's the Water?

with you and those at




Comments

Popular Posts