Watch and Wait

Waking up earlier than normal, I reluctantly got up.  Afraid I'd be late for my early morning appointment if I stayed in bed and fell back to sleep, I put on my slippers and headed to the kitchen for coffee.

Generally, while the coffee is brewing, I get on the floor and do my stretches, which I did.  Then for some reason,I looked out the GR window and saw something trotting up the gravel road.  Moving to the front door, I saw it flash by.  Then as I entered the kitchen, I grabbed the camera sitting on the counter. and headed toward the kitchen window.


It trotted so quickly along our back fence-line, as you can see, I couldn't get a decent shot.  Sprinting from room to room, I found myself in the DR near the slider when it finally stopped.  It had hesitated, circled and sniffed the ground thoroughly in an open area but then headed toward the old, half-buried stonewall.  That's when it stopped and stared.

The only thing I could see out of the corner of my eye were squirrels near the feeders but I didn't want to take my eyes off of the fox for any length of time.  It was a beauty.


The quick agile creature suddenly wheeled around and headed deeper into the woods toward my "sit spot."

Although I hadn't seen a Red Fox around in a few years, I was glad to spot this one.  Just out of curiosity, later that morning when I returned, I went into the woods to see if I could find it's tracks, but a small amount of fresh snow had erased them.  However, like it's prey, I'll be around.

just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Watch and Wait

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts