Northern Hemisphere...Vernal Equinox

"A First Day of Spring Hike"...that's where I am today folks.  

Receiving the confirmation email which reiterated the time and meeting place, it warned us that the trails could be "snow-covered and/or muddy", suggesting that we wear waterproof boots and dress appropriately for the 40 degree weather with 5-10 mph winds.   I did consider cancelling.  But then, knowing that we would be celebrating and welcoming Spring by brown-bagging it, sipping hot cocoa and munching on goodies, I knew I had to go.

Since my mind and body are on "Spring," I wanted to show you just what Alva...yes, she is still alive...looked like when I took her "out of the closet" on Sunday.  Placing her in the East window of the dining room as always, when I went to water her, I noticed that she had ALREADY begun to grow while in the dark closet!



Both pots have several light gray frail stems that have pushed their way through the bone dry soil even before I removed her from the closed, brown cardboard box from the closet.


Other posts about Alva:

Hoping that our hike goes well and that you, too, have the opportunity to enjoy the first day of Spring because to tell you the truth, I'm pretending that we are supposed to get another storm or two this week.


just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Northern Hemisphere...
Vernal Equinox

with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts