Winter IS Alive and Well

In mid-January it was very cold here.  Although our snowfall hasn't been substantial this Winter, I went for a ride to "find the cold."  (The day I headed out it was also overcast, so please forgive the lack of sunshine.)




While I was looking for the cold, I noticed that there were hawks everywhere.  I spotted so many that day, it was crazy!

I've come to the conclusion that inclement weather brings out the best in Mother Nature.

Flooded, partially frozen shorelines were at the end of one of the trails I walked.  Trees wearing skirts of ice became targets as large, broken chunks floated downstream.




Towering White Pines encircling portions of the trail as I headed back to my car.










"Coyote Run" was an option, although I decided to head the other way on this visit.






Rock ledges still encased in ice began to intrigue me as I stood watching.  

And yet another hawk...watching, waiting for me to pass and leave it's territory.



This is what I found intriguing.





just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Winter IS  Alive and Well

with you and those at





Comments

Popular Posts