Separation Anxiety

According to Google, the definition of separation is the act of moving or being moved apart.  Synonyms include: severance, detachment, disconnection, disunion, dissociation.

WOW!  This is going to be a tough subject to discuss openly.  However, here goes.

Several days ago, I received an email from my long-time BFF.  Quite honestly she knows me like a book and often reads in between the lines if you will.  She is a very perceptive and intuitive person...always was and always will be...which is one of the things I admire about her.  

Recently we shared yet another long, chatty breakfast and knowing that I was more than a tad anxious, she scooted me an email the following day.  In it were several links that she thought would be beneficial to me at this time.  As usual, she was right.

Tread Lightly On Thin Ice

So, I pointed, clicked and searched and before long I was participating in yet another hike...this time with the AMC (Appalachian Mountain Club/CT Chapter).

A few days later, there I was trekking through the woods on yet another hiking trail with a group of total strangers.  The mission...6.5 miles!

It was mid-way through the hike that the leader announced,  "It's time for our separation break."

Perplexed as I watched all the men head in one direction while the women congregated in another, I remained motionless.

Finally, one of the women looked at me and said, "JP, it's time to pee if you have to go."  There I stood dumbfounded and speechless in front of all these total strangers now stooping, squatting and crouching.  So I'm leaving you with this burning question:  "Did I or didn't I?"  

just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Separation Anxiety

with you and those at





Comments

Popular Posts