Seeing IS Believing
Waiting for the first snowfall to arrive, it was time for another "ride to nowhere."
This time I stopped to watch the Canadian Geese enjoying the water's edge. Knowing that my recent eye doctor's appointment was a good one, I thought about the importance of my eyes. Sometime people take things like sight for granted...just as they do our other senses. I don't understand why.
Yet it was a few days later, when I returned from my annual physical (which I also passed with flying colors) that I SAW this. Now, what you may see is my garage door open inviting me in or perhaps my American flag blowing in the breeze.
However, what I saw was "that" unmistakable shape...sitting, watching, SEEING about 100' up in the White Pine.
It was an immature Eagle.
It wasn't until it took flight that I was able to confirm it was the 2017 "chick." Based on it's unique markings, I know it was definitely her. And then my mind began to put things into perspective.
The sounds I've been hearing before sunrise are, in fact, a pair that has returned to build new nest.
At this stage, the adults would be keeping the immature away from their buffer zone.
It may be the last time I see her.
just seeing, saying, and sharing...
Seeing IS Believing
with you and those at


Comments