Fruity Friendships


If you remember, a few years ago using my MIL's Fruitcake Recipe, I ended up with 14 fruitcakes.  Then I virtually had to ask people if they liked fruitcake in order to find them all homes!

It ended up being a "feel good" for me, seeing them smile and tell me how much they enjoyed it. 








Well, it has now become a tradition and I actually have some of my "fruity friends" ask me that if I'm making them. 

Saturday, I did just that, although I ended up with only 13.   Running into the same issues as I have in the past, I had to transfer all the cake batter into a larger bowl then add all the dried fruit and nuts. 

There was just sooooo much batter and being so thick and heavy,  stirring was difficult.  

Monday, I added rum to the cheesecloth and then re-wrapped each one in it's cheesecloth, plastic wrap, followed by foil.  For all intents and purposes, they should sit three months.  However, I think they'll be good knowing Christmas is still two weeks away.  They smelled delicious, which actually made the clean-up kind of pleasant.




 just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Fruity Friendships

with you and those at

Wednesday Around The World

Comments

Popular Posts