Distant Memories

Bombing along a regularly traveled road, I noticed small specs of color in the distance and decided that on my way home, I would stop to take a closer look.





As you can see, they were all enjoying lunch by the time I returned, tired and hungry after shopping.



The scene brought back memories of the two Shetland ponies we had when I was growing up.  Destry, a dapple gray, and Rebel, a sorrel, were an interesting pair.  Although I never understood why, Rebel was the calmer of the two.  Of course, back then, when I was young, I had no idea just what the word "gelded" meant.  Destry was downright striking with his dapple gray coloring and creme colored mane, tail and forelock.  However, he was a stud, very devious and a nipper...especially when you turned your back on him.  


just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Distant Memories

with you and those at



Comments

Popular Posts