The Ride To Nowhere

Thinking the past two weeks have been busy as well as an emotional roller coaster, I realized I needed to do just one more thing.  Yep, I needed to "take a ride to nowhere."

Although it may sound crazy...perhaps nonsensical to some...taking a ride to nowhere is another thing I enjoy.  You see, to me, "a ride" just happens.  I don't need a reason to go for a ride nor do I need to have a specific destination or restaurant in mind.  Simplicity in it's finest form, "a ride to nowhere" often invokes deep thoughts and fills my empty tank.  So...




Grabbing the camera and my backpack (which houses my purse, cell phone, water bottle, a few snacks like fruit and nuts), I simply hop into the car and drive.  
Sometimes I turn left, sometimes right but wherever I go, I seem to find what it is I'm looking for.



Interestingly enough, while out on my ride, I realized that I seem to be "attracted to water."  When I got home, I dug a little deeper and found this:

RR5110-0045R.gif

Capricorn (/ˈkĂŠp.rÉȘˌkɔːrn/ is the tenth astrological sign in the zodiac, originating from the constellation of Capricornus. It spans the 270–300th degree of the zodiac, corresponding to celestial longitude. Under the tropical zodiac, the sun transits this area from December 22 to January 19 each year, and under the sidereal zodiac, the sun transits the constellation of Capricorn from approximately January 16 to February 16. In astrology, Capricorn is considered an earth sign, negative sign,[2][3] and one of the four cardinal signs. Capricorn is said to be ruled by the planet Saturn. Its symbol is based on the Sumerians' primordial god of wisdom and waters, Enki,[4] with the head and upper body of a goat and the lower body and tail of a fish.[5] Later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology, Enki was the god of intelligence (gestĂș, literally "ear"), creation, crafts; magic; water, seawater and lakewater (a, aba, ab).[6]
The goat part of the symbol depicts ambition, resolute, intelligence, curiosity, but also steadiness, and ability to thrive in inhospitable environments while the fish represents passion, spirituality, intuition, and connection with the soul.[5] Individuals born between December 21 to January 19 may be called Capricornian.[7]


And all this time, I thought I was just an "old goat"!





just seeing, saying, and sharing...

The Ride To Nowhere

with you and those at 

Comments

Popular Posts