The Bold & The Beautiful

Although I wasn't planning on Part 2 of last week's The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, apparently Mother Nature had other plans...

because...

The afternoon after all the dead critters had vanished, I spotted something near the cluster of Hydrangeas.  





It slept nearly all afternoon until the eclipse happened. And then, when the temperature dropped, and the Moon blocked the sun, it got up and headed toward the feeders.

Convinced that this was our resident killer, I tried to get near it, but it wanted no part of that.


Walking purposefully and casually across the yard, as it got closer to the feeders, the birds now silent because of the eclipse remained hidden.


(While the Pres was outside "watching" the eclipse through his welder's mask, I "listened to the eclipse," as the critters' silence was very noticeable...:)

Anyway, the very healthy looking stray hung around for two days and then, was no where to be found by Wednesday morning.  However that afternoon, hearing the thick brush moving right before dusk that afternoon, I thought it had returned.  I was wrong.

While sitting on the deck, I was totally taken off guard when this beautiful critter appeared from the thick, overgrown brush.



Before wandering around the "bird sanctuary," it scratched it's face on one of the trees, continually sniffing the air and ground as it wandered, marking it's territory.





just seeing, saying and sharing...

The Bold and The Beautiful

with you and those at



Oh, one more thing.  A good friend told me that I should now wear "chaps" when I fill the feeders and wander in to watch the Eagles...LOL...silly girl!!

Comments

Popular Posts