C'est La Vie

Performing my routine tasks in the yard the other day, I came across something that reminded me of High School.  Suddenly I was recalling the three years of French I took before graduating.  A rush of vocabulary words starting popping into the forefront of my mind as I remembered my French teacher and his mannerisms.  

Standing in front of the class, leaning against the desk, he would cross one leg over the other and resting his elbow on the arm across his always buttoned, subdued plaid vest, he would twiddle with his mustache.  He always made our lessons interesting so learning was fun yet challenging.  He taught us to pronounce our words phonetically, making the lessons even easier.  I was quite good I must admit...LOL.

Then my mind remembered the desk at which I sat...always the same one.

Why?

My boyfriend's class was right before mine and he would leave me a love note.

Anyway, THIS is what started the whole thought process...



which then led to asking Google just what it was.

  This, my friends, is a Clymene Moth (Haploa Clymene).  Having never seen them before, I read on only to discover that although I thought it was unique with it's "fleur de lis" distinctive marking, it quite common in Eastern North America.  Preferring Eupatorium, Oaks, Peach and Willow along with other plants,  it was merely resting on the lawn when I spotted it.  They are, according to what I read, active both day and night.

just seeing, saying and sharing...

C'est La Vie

with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts