Raspberries...YUM


Early one morning during the third week of April, I decided to tackle trimming the raspberries myself, I dove right into the task as Moon lay in the grass watching.

I wanted to get to them just at the end of their dormant season (late Winter or early Spring) so the canes I missed last Summer after they fruited could be taken out first, making trimming easier.

Thinning out the canes that will bear this year's berries, I placed them in the nearby wheelbarrow.

In a few hours, the Pres would be awake and I could ask him where he wanted to plant them. In fact, I decided that he could do the planting...LOL!!




Once the young shoots were planted along the fence, we knew that Mother Nature would take care of the rest.

Since these are native raspberries, we knew that the layers of decaying leaf mulch would do the trick.

The next two pix were taken May 9th so as you can see, in just a few short weeks, thanks to all that rain I complained about, our established berry patch should do well this year.

The newly planted shoots are doing well also...loaded with buds already!





just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Raspberries...YUM

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts