Spring Has Sprung

As our surroundings are beginning to green up nicely, I've been seeing a lot of activity with the crows and turkeys.  It seemed that the only time I got some "quiet time" was when I was in my "sit spot" observing and journaling the Eagles' activity.






I love Nuthatches.  They are so round and plump, I find them irresistible.




Hearing them behind me, sure enough, there they were perched atop one of the White pines towering above me.

I wonder why Crows are so noisy.  



And then, another morning a pair of drakes walked slowly side by side.  One would fan, then fold, fan out, then fold and then the two would put their necks outs and let loose their mating call.

I watched these two studs for about 20 minutes.  They were so entertaining...LOL!


Meanwhile, as one of the adults was coming in for brooding duty, it circled and circled above all of us critters in the woods letting me know, it saw me.

No alerts given...just subdued chirps from the mate on the nest. 

I even spotted an immature (perhaps last year's female) looking for a handout.

just seeing, saying and sharing...

Spring Has Sprung

with you and those at



Comments

Popular Posts