Finding Town Hall





Being Thursday and the fact that I link in to Gosia's Good Fences, here are a few of the recent fences I've come across in my travels.

At least, in both instances, I knew where I was...LOL!

Which reminds me...

















Country roads can be little deceiving.  For instance on Wednesday, I had volunteered to help with a town "clean-up" in honor of Earth Day, which is this Saturday, the 22nd.

So as usual, I GPS'd "Town Hall, Such & Such Town, CT."
WRONG...I ended up on Town Hall Rd, in Such & Such Town.  

Again I tried but this time I typed in Such & Such Town's Town Hall.  WRONG...ending up at a doctor's practice, I became frustrated and just decided to stay on that road until I spotted some people getting out of their car to go into a church.  Asking if they knew where "town hall" was the woman said, "Just say on this road and go, and go and go until you come to the center of town and it's on your right."

So, I drove and drove and drove just like she said, hit the center of town and there it was...TOWN HALL, the place where all the clean-up volunteers were to meet.  Surprised that I made it in time, when I extended my hand to introduce myself, I told them all the story.  After they stopped chuckling, they handed me a few trash bags and sent me on my way. 



Well, I picked up a lot of trash that morning...
cigarette butts, coffee cups, liquor bottles, hypodermic needles, a hair brush, a stainless steel fork, candy wrappers, chewing tobacco wrappers and beef jerky wrappers.  However, the best find of the day was a pink kidney shaped puke pan....like this only pink!
Image result for hospital puke pan









just seeing, saying, and sharing...

Finding Town Hall

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts