Windows of Opportunity

 Looking out the kitchen window, which faces East, I wondered if any birds would be sitting on the giant bird perch that Mother Nature created.  It was empty.  Not one single turkey that morning which surprised me because the snow was still quite deep and would be difficult for them to walk in.  

  
Now it was time to see what I would spot outside the slider on the South side of the house.  Happening too quick to fully focus, I spotted an immature eagle gliding overhead.  Once the adult nesting eagles sounded the alert, it headed West of their territory.


Then, landing in the tree closest to the house, it wasn't long before the fat robins appeared on the South side.   Flying down to the exposed dry grass on the East side of the house, I peeked on the DR window.


But wait a minute...that bird is far too large to be a robin, I thought.
That's because it wasn't!!  It was a Yellow Shafted Flicker...:)








just seeing, saying and sharing...

Windows of Opportunity

with you and those at

Outdoor Wednesday

Wild Bird Wednesday

Wednesday Around the World

The Bird D'Pot

Comments

Popular Posts