My Huckleberry Friends

I hate Spring cleaning. However, when I was straightening out the cupboards in the kitchen over the weekend, I came across a package of pancake mix that my BFF had brought back from her visit out West.  I had forgotten it was under there to tell the truth, but when I found it, suddenly I was craving pancakes. Of course, these were not your typical pancakes. This mix came from Glacier Park, Montana!!  These were Huckleberry pancakes...:)


The Pres was still sleeping yet I decided to start the griddle anyway. Putting the sausage on (although not my favorite, it is the Pres'), I prepared the batter as directed, adding the small glass jar of huckleberries to the mix. Instantly turning a very pale shade of blue, the bluish red jewels soon became coated with the lumpy batter.

It was the aroma that got me and before I knew it, I was spooning the thick batter onto the griddle, waiting anxiously for the tiny air bubbles to appear indicating "flip me."

Ahhhhhh, flipping and stacking, stacking and flipping, the pile on the plate got larger and larger and I just couldn't stand it anymore. Besides, it was almost 9:00 am and I was flipping starving!! "Honey, get your butt out of bed now or I'm going to eat these  pancakes without you!"

Stuffing my face with four of these luscious gems made me forget all about the rest of the stuff in that cabinet so I moved on. I hit the spice cabinet next. It was a mess!!! Hardly anything was in alphabetical order anymore....yes, you read correctly...alphabetical order.

just seeing, saying and sharing...

My Huckleberry Friends

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts