Which Coat Today?



The weather changed drastically this week.  In fact, Mother Nature threw me.  Early in the week, the sun was shining so walking in to visit "the kids" was easy.  The cool, crisp air felt great! 

When they see me coming, they climb on the boulders first, then jump down, run to the fence and press their noses against it.

Who knew I smelled so good???



A few days later, we were listening to words like polar vortex, sub-zero wind chills, single digits and where to get help if you need it across the state.



And let me tell you, Friday morning as I put the dogs' coats on (yes, even on that darn little Husky) and we ventured outside to take care of business, I did not want to linger.  It was flipping freezing out there!!

So, after eating their kibble topped with nice, warm and tender shredded chicken thighs in natural juice, they both curled up for a nice morning nap.



The thoughts of extreme cold must have bothered the Pres.  He, after 30 years, started asking me if I had a spare coat in the car "just in case you get stuck and have to walk."

(Oh dear, is this what old age is about?)

Anyway...

Guess it was time to dig out the big guns...you know the hooded snorkel parka, bomber hat and those thinsulate mittens because today, we have about 6 inches of that beautiful white stuff that I love.  


Walking down the gravel road to get the paper and then back up was a nice chance to get more brisk air into my lungs.  Of course, that was before the precip changed over to sleet, which is to be followed by rain later and all day tomorrow.

Gosh, I'm beginning to sound like a weather forecaster which was not the purpose here. 

All I intended to do was to make you smile by telling you that 

THE KIDS SAID HI...:)


just seeing, saying and sharing

Which Coat Today?

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts