'Tis The Season

Checking out at the register in Walmart last week, I thought I'd made a right choice.  Smiling at the cashier as she looked up, I said, "How are you today?"

I learned that it was definitely not the right question. 

Getting an earful about how much she has to do in preparation for Christmas and how much she did for Thanksgiving without any help from her family, how they all sat around chatting while she did all the work, I kept my sympathetic ear open and strong shoulders erect.  However, I told myself to NEVER ask that question around the holidays.

When she dropped my three items into a bag along with the receipt, I quickly closed my wallet, said "Have a nice day" and headed to the door.

It was when I got home and peeked out the slider that I saw just what I needed to catapult me back to the Christmas spirit.  


They are never cranky.



They are grateful.


They share.








just seeing, saying and sharing...

'Tis The Season

with you and those at




Comments

Popular Posts