Something Special

Well, let's see. He's going to be 42 this coming year so I would say he was around 7 or 8 when this happened and my daughter was 11 or 12.

The three of us had gone to "the Mall". In the Mall was a store called McCrory's, a five and dime that sold a myriad of merchandise including clothing, penny candy, toys, knickknacks, housewares, cosmetics, fabrics and notions. So there we were...my daughter, my son and I...and it was right before Christmas.

We didn't have a lot of money back then but we had each other...always.  They were so happy that I took them shopping at "the Mall", which was a big treat for them.  Honestly, the only time we splurged on anything was when I got my income tax refund, so this was a big deal!

Telling me to wait on the bench outside the store, my kids, allowance in hand, went in to the department store. Moments later they appeared clutching the plain brown paper bags ...both of them beaming from ear to ear. When I asked what they bought, their response was "something."

So each and every year since that Christmas, that something, their gift, gets put out.

You can see why, right?





May you have the Merriest Christmas!! 
Merry Christmas








just seeing, saying and sharing...

Something Special

with you and those at



Comments

Popular Posts